TCA CHEMICAL PEELS
At Lakeside Cosmetic Center we offer 10%, 15%, 20%, and 35% TCA Chemical Peels. Chemical peeling utilizes a topical agent to remove the outer layers of dead or damaged skin. Typically, the outer layer blisters and peels off, revealing smoother, healthier looking skin. Depending on the strength of the peel, sloughing can last for about 7-10 days. Chemical peels address issues with tone and texture, fine wrinkling, and uneven pigmentation. This technique is good for people with lighter skin tones, Fitzpatrick I-III. Typically, a series of 4 to 6 treatments are recommended and the number will depend on the goal of treatment.
Chemical peeling is not suitable in these circumstances:
* Have used Accutane (isotretinoin) within the last year.
* Have open wounds, active acne outbreaks, cuts, or abrasions on the skin.
* Have had radiation treatment to the skin within the last year.
* Have any kind of current skin infection, condition, herpes simplex in the area to be treated.
* Are pregnant or breast feeding.
* Have any history of keloid, hypertrophic scars, or condition that causes poor wound healing.
The following are possible reactions with chemical peels: skin discomfort, redness or swelling, infection, lightening or darkening of the skin, itching and burning. Most side effects are temporary and typically resolve within 3 days.